Thursday 24 May 2012

Line up development

I am attempting now to edit down my designs into a succinct collection. I have decided to pick out a few I like and start from there.  
Draft line up 1 - 1st look, 'Whore' merino sweater with jean pocket pants, with contrasting lining. 2nd look, panel structured wool top with chiffon insert. Looped wool skirt. 3rd look, looped wool sweater vest, with cut away sleeves and dropped hem. Same pants as look 1. 4th look, print organic cotton t-shirt with merino print leggings. 5th look, reversible long back dress, with print on one side and block colour on the other. 6th look, zero waste merino tunic dress, organic cotton print leggings.        




Draft line up 2 - 1st look, heavy felted wool jacket with transformable sleeves and triangle pockets. 2nd look, sheer organic silk chiffon print dress with merino underwear. 3rd look, organic cotton shift dress with zip down panel and attachable looped wool capelette. 4th look, 3 layer dress, merino layers on top and sheer chiffon on bottom, felted wool jacket/vest. 5th look, paneled wool jacket/vest with detachable waterproof hood. Looped wool skirt. 6th look, plain merino tank dress, felted triangle stitch vest, with attachable sleeves.
Head - I am trying to render a suitable head for my lineup - proving a little more difficult than I originally thought!




Accessories - I really like the idea of styling a completely look, I think it can make or break and outfit. These accessories are to help with this! And they are also a good marketing tool, allowing customers to invest in small items that they will have for longer, and are prepared to pay more for. I really like the middle shootie on the bottom row, and the flatform sandal on the top left.

Bags - I like this contrast of the 'crack' and the sharp triangle print, I feel it is quite contemporary. They are smaller, more affordable pieces, and allow customers to have a taste of the collection.


Sheer organic silk chiffon tank dress with longer back. It has a sort of deconstructed triangle print cascading down. Revealed  merino underwear

Layered merino tank dress with over-vest

Silk shift dress with looped wool stole. It has a zipper panel at the bottom which unravels into a full length dress.

Thinking about possible t-shirt styles - I quite like the longer hem at the back, which could possibly reveal a print or a colour and be reversible

The transformational jacket I have had throughout and keep coming back to! I think its a winner

Plain tank dress with longer hem at back - reversible. Dress version of the t-shirt.

My zero waste dress, with 3D triangle inserts. Organic merino


No comments:

Post a Comment