Thursday 10 May 2012

Design inspiration

As I am designing my collection I am constantly envisaging a particular girl wearing it. Someone who has a distinct sense of her own style, who like classic pieces but also likes to play it up a little, incorporating aspects of design quirks such as colour, print or other details. She is fashion without being high maintenance, and likes garments that can be mixed and matched in with her existing wardrobe.

I have started to put together a collection of various women that I feel fit the market for my designs. I feel it is important to not just have one muse, but have a collection, they all have slightly different styles, but together make up my ideal target market.

Taylor Tomasi Hill





Street style star and accessories editor of Teen Vogue, Taylor Tomasi Hill is a style icon. She is often snapped wearing distinctive clothing choices, often a mix of feminine and boyish pieces, classic and trend setting, and always accesorised. She isnt afraid to push the boundaries with her constantly evolving style, but consistently staying true to her own aesthetic.


Sandra Hagelstam (5 inch and up)






Sandra Hagelstam is a Finnish Fashion Design student and blogger, a so called internet it girl. She again has a very distinctive style, mixing classic cuts with unexpected pieces, colours or accesorries. Her looks are relatively polished, but she seems to be able to stamp her slightly more laid back style on her Alexander Wang or Celine.

As I keep going I will keep updating these potential customers as I am constantly finding people who I feel completely epitomise my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment